Sunday, August 1, 2010

Of renovations and family reunions

So, earlier this week, heard some weird nioses from the kitchen. *crak crak*. and suddenly out of nowhere, the kitchen tiles began to fall off the wall. Which was insanely weird and scary. About 20 pieces just fell... just like that and broke. So, we had to call the contractor and had 3 whole walls of kitchen tiles replaced. Apparently the condo developer didnt do it right the first time around, so we had to suffer the lazy developer's consequences, 10 years later. Just thank God nobody was hurt. Renovation went on for 3 long whole days with a whole lot of banging everywhere. And now the house is filled with dust.

Moving on to the happier things, my cousins finally made it to Malaysia and was pretty excited to see them. Had dinner buffet at the Hilton's PJ last Saturday. The food spread and choices were awesome! I award 5 stars- especially since they had a chocolate fountain and the ice kacang machine and ice cream with more then 8 topping and incredible satay. But tastewise wasnt all that yumyum. Overall, I credit 8 stars. Had a fun time laughing together and also another great deal of time being told that I am now so 'old' by my cousins. Seriously, is 19 too old??? Anyways, after all the makan makan and the talk and laugh, reached home at 1am and immediately fell flat on the bed.

Then, on Friday, was our Cousins Day Out (CDO) as the 3 of us headed to Mid Valley. Had awesome Japanese lunch! and then went the bellies were full, we went for a lil shopping then went bowling for a good 2 hours (my bowling is improving!) and watched Salt (which I give rating 8 stars. The ending was a lil confusing) and then headed over to Gardens for snacks and ice cream and a whole lot of eating in between. It's a relief to know someone can actually rival my hunger level- my darling cousin brother. Sat in borders, read all sorts of funny books, disturbed a sleeping old man and then headed home at 8pm. Was certainly one of the best days of my life. Eventually I bonded too much with my cousin bro which made my cousin sis jealous in the end.

Sent them packing and said a tearful goodbye as they headed back to Florida.


My cousin sis- Monisha. Who is mature way beyond her years and is a total shopaholic and chic lit books-aholic.


My cousin bro- Sujay. My partner in crime, comedian and the younger brother I always wished I had and my bestest friend in the whole world.



And now, back to normal life...

No comments:

Post a Comment